First UMC youth ministry is for anyone in grades 6th-12th interested in fun and fellowship while learning more about being in relationship with Christ and each other.
For more information about any of our youth opportunities, please contact the Church Office via our Contact Us page.
Click here to download our Children and Youth Ministries Brochure for more information.
- Youth Group - Sunday afternoons from 12:30-2:30PM in the Uptown Ministry Center.
- Missions - As disciples of Christ we are committed to loving and serving our neighbors, both local and far away!
- Local Missions - FUMC Food Bank, Clothes Closet, Karen's Pantry, Ministry to Shut Ins, and more.
- Summer Mission Trip - Each summer, our youth travel to various locations for a week of worship, devotion, hard work in ministry to others, and fun! Locations of our recent trips include Columbus, GA and Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Retreats - We often go off site for weekend retreats throughout the year. A favorite retreat each Winter is Fusion, the Tri-District Youth Retreat which includes youth from the Danville, Farmville, and Lynchburg areas. This is a time to connect with other youth, grow in our relationship with Christ, and have fun together.
- Special Events - We love special events. Several times throughout the year we will enjoy special events like fun/mystery outings, roller skating, bowling, Christian concerts, floating the Smith River, and more!
Note: First United Methodist Church has a Child Protection Policy based upon the United Methodist Church's Safe Sanctuaries Policy.